Monday 31 January 2011

Green Gram Sweet

Green gram also called moong dal is of high nutritional value. It is often consumed in the form of sprouts and is very good for skin. I learnt this recipe from my mother. It is one of my favourite sweets. In my childhood days, I and my sister often used to pester mother to make it in the evening. But now living far off, I had to learn and make it myself to satisfy my tastebuds.

Ingredients
1 cup green grams
Jaggery
½ cup all-purpose flour (Maida)
Baking soda – a pinch
1 cardamom
Oil

Directions - How to make
Soak the green grams overnight. Next morning pressure cook them for 4 whistles. Cool it and grind them in a mixer. Keep aside.

Now add a glass of water to the kadhai/ wok, add some powdered jiggery. After it melts filter the mixture as it may contain small particles and dust. Let the mixture boil again. Now add the ground grams and one cardamom to it. Once you get a nice paste. Remove and keep aside.

Next make a batter out of half cup all-purpose flour, pinch of soda and salt. Heat some oil in a wok. Make small balls of the above ground paste. Dip them in the batter and leave them in the heated up oil. Once they become golden brown. Remove them. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment